This post is dedicated to the weather, as its getting warmer i thought i'd change up my skincare faves for some more refreshing alternative that i've seen floating around the beauty blogging community and these ones came up on top!!
The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Balm-£12.00
I picked this up in one of the recent 40% off sales because i've just finished my liz earle cleanse and polish (sad times) , ive heard several beauty guru youtubers rave about this www.youtube.com/velvetgh0st especially! and I wondered how this one compares and wanted to try it for myself. I've got to say, although Emma Hardies' cleansing balm is all the rage i think for its price this is just as good and the camomile is really calming on the skin , so i'd recommend if like me you've got sensitive skin this is the one.
Living Proof Shampoo/Conditioner/Styling Cream Samples
Last time I was at Sephora I cashed in my points for a Living Proof haircare set. I’m going through a phase of using all my samples at the moment and I came accross these so thought i'd wash my hair with the last night ( instead of my usual toni&guy) and I really liked them! My hair is really soft now, not to silky but definitely makes your hair feel thoroughly cleansed, worth considering! and I especially liked the Styling Cream. Available at Sephora.
Lanolips Herbal Body Treatment Oil-£9.99
I'm an avid lover of lanolips lip balms so when i saw this on the shelves i thought id give it a whirl. Normally I’d use this kind of thing before fake tanning or after shaving, but on the packaging it says its ultra nourishing. It’s more like a dry-oil ( similar to body shops brazil nut oil ) once rubbed into the skin and sinks in very quickly. I think oils are alot better to use in the summer compared to moisturisers as they aren't as heavy on the skin. The scent is insane also, its pine, eucalyptus and violet leaf. Usually oils can be used not just as a moisturiser but also a bath oil, massage oil, skincare product and for use on extra dry skin. I got this as part of a 3 for 2 on lanolips at boots so get them while you can.
I also recently splashed out and bought myself the Clinique turnaround revitalising Serum.
After buying a new toner ( Lush breath of fresh air spray ) , my skin felt clean and dirt-less if that makes sense and i love it so much but after a while it was making my skin feel quite tense and tight/dry so i went into john lewis and thought id give this a go, and im so glad i did. This serum is light on the skin, it sinks in within a matter of minutes but my cheeks have never felt so soft. You apply a small amount after cleansing and before your moisturiser day and night, 2 days in and i already noticed a difference. Although a little pricey at £37-50, taking care of your skin is so important, so i look at it as an investment... thats what i tell myself anyway!
REN Vita Mineral Lip Balm-£9.00
Last but not least . After obsessing over REN's cleansing milk for the past trillion centuries when i heard they did a lip balm i was like woooo. The emphasis on MINERAL lip balm is what stood out to me, hyrdration is key for summer time ( eating lots of ice cream can be intense on the lips ;) ) and it’s also in a convenient tube so it’s perfect to just slip in a bag when going to the beach or just to the park. It has a slight honey fragrance which is actually very nice ( but not edible, you are warned from experience...) . I'm so glad i found this, i think this is something that could definitely be used all year round also.
That’s all for todays post, hope you're all out enjoying the sun!!
Until next time, stay beautiful :)
let me know if you've tried any of these products/swaps you've made for summer!
Georgina xx
@georginarose_
georginarhill@gmail.co.uk
No comments:
Post a Comment